We are looking to add the following to our team:
Front Desk Administrative Assistant
Role Title: Front Desk Administrative Assistant
EEO Job Category: Administration
Reports to: Director of Admissions and Administrative Services
Main Purposes of the Role:
Help maintain and execute HIS security procedures to maintain a safe campus.
Deliver exceptional customer service to HIS families, students, faculty and guests.
Provide Front Desk administrative duties that are delivered to a high standard.
Key Responsibilities: (The primary tasks, functions and deliverables of the role)
- Provide a warm and welcoming first impression, greet and assist HIS families, students, teachers and guests when they arrive on campus, delivering a high level customer service
- To be the first point of contact for clients contacting the school (phone or electronic communications) and ensuring all inquiries are handled/directed confidentially within 24 hours of receipt
- Maintain a presentable reception area which is kept today, organized, secure and stocked with up-to-date resources
- Adhere to strict security procedures that ensure the safety and welfare of every student and faculty member, including checking in of visitors, and immediately reporting any risks to Leadership to minimize impact
- Initiate fire and emergency procedures when requested by the school or fire department
- Provide care for students with medical needs, and where necessary, parents and teachers are updated on their welfare
- Ensure student medications and associated paperwork are compliant
- Follow internal processes for student tardiness, absences and early releases, reporting any areas of concern immediately
- Create Front Desk calendar reminders for student early releases, events, class and school activities
- Create school administrative reports such as attendance and medical reports
- Work with different internal departments to assist in the smooth running of campus, including but not limited to maintenance, security, after school activities, athletics, summer camp programs and catering
- Support school events including the checking in/out of guests, event set up and tidy up
- Coordinate the distribution of materials which are to be sent home with students
- Assist in the reviewing of school publications and promotional materials
- Follow procedures to distribute resources for substitute teachers and communicate their arrival and departures
- Take student forms and payments for clubs, activities and emergency lunches and follow procedures to ensure paperwork and financials are handled correctly
- Ensure teachers and students are well organized and fully prepared for Field Trips and off campus activity
- Demonstrate initiative and creative problem solving skills for quick and efficient complaint resolution
- Perform general clerical duties including but not limited to answering the phones, organizing internal mail distribution lists, photocopying, scanning, mailing, filing and supplies ordering
- Ensure voice mail are checked at least twice per day, communicating the necessary action required to ensure a quick and timely resolution
- Handle incoming mail, deliveries, and setup courier services when required
- Help to maintain a friendly and helpful atmosphere for visitors, students and faculty
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions and Administrative Services
Skills and Competencies (The abilities that the individual needs in order to perform this role effectively)
- Self motivated with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and excellent time management skills
- Superior communications ability, with excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to take initiative and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to adhere to current procedures and when approved, implement change
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Relationship builder, comfortable interacting with others
- Pressure resilient and a flexible approach
- Independent but able to seek assistance when required
- Ability to work in a highly confidential environment
- Ability to operate in a team environment and pitch in as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially MS Word and Excel
- Demonstrate in your actions the Mission, Vision, Guiding Principles and Diversity Statement of the school
- Ability to foster and maintain a positive school climate
Required - HS Diploma
Preferred - Bachelor Degree
Min of 3 years in a front desk / administrative position
Executive communication skills
Experience of working in a school environment
Please provide resume and cover letter when applying in person at 1165 Sandy Ridge Ave., Henderson, NV 89052 between the hours of 8:30am - 2:30pm and 3:30pm - 5:00pm.
$13.00 to $15.00 / hour
What to wear?
Business casual (dress pants/skirt, button down/blouse, optional tie)
What to bring?
Please bring your cover letter and resume with you to the event.
Who you will meet:
What are Open Interviews?
Open Interviews are a window of time where employers welcome job candidates to come in and interview for open positions.