We are looking to add the following to our team:
Pipe Layers / Utility Construction Workers • Live in Omaha? Work in Omaha!
Saturday, March 7, 2020
8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
10640 Burt Circle, Omaha, Nebraska
(at the Associated Builders and Contractors Offices)
General Excavating is an underground utility, heavy equipment construction company in Lincoln, Nebraska, and we are seeking individuals that live in Omaha, to work in Omaha!
We have been in business for over 30 years. The Company employs 80+ employees consisting of Office Staff, Project Managers / Estimators, Job-Site Foremen, Mechanics, Heavy Equipment Operators / General Laborers.
As a Heavy Equipment Operator / General Laborer, you will:
• Operate loaders, dozers, excavators, water-vacs, skid steers, backhoes, bore machines, etc.
• Perform physical labor, including (but not limited to) placing pipe in and out of ditches
• Position, join, align and seal pipe for water, sanitary sewer, storm drains, etc.
• Mix, smooth and finish concrete on occasion
• Work with compounds and spray materials such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint, etc.
• Work year-round, 40-60 hours/week during peak season
• Work outdoors in an uncontrolled climate in all types of weather
• Measure distances, level earth to fine grade specifications
• Generally work Monday – Friday, weekends only when necessary
• Help with seasonal snow removal
• Receive on-the-job training
• Need to travel on occasion
• Class A CDL preferred (but not required for most positions). Good driving record a must.
Qualified candidates will:
• Successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen
• Meet our qualifications of a motor vehicle record review
WE OFFER A COMPLETE BENEFIT PACKAGE!
• Vacation Time / PTO / Paid Holidays
• Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
• Company Paid Life Insurance
• Supplemental Insurance Plans
• Section 125 Plan FSA / HSA
• 401(k) Plan, Profit Sharing
• Employee Assistance Programs
• Service Awards
As one of Nebraska's leading firms, you will have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally. Our company employs five generations of employees and values every bit of the knowledge they share! Join General Excavating and be part of an industry and community leader.
Drug-Free Workplace • Equal Opportunity Employer • E-Verify Employer
Go to GeneralExcavating.com/Careers to download an application.
$15.00 to $24.00 / hour
What to wear?
Casual (come as you are, but please be presentable)
Who you will meet:
Jennifer or Kathy
We will be in the Associated Builders and Contractors offices.
Where is the apply button?
Instead of receiving applications online, the employer would like candidates to RSVP and come in during the date and time provided. If you’re interested, please RSVP and we’ll let them know you’re coming!